Associate Professor, medical doctor, paediatrician (children’s doctor).
Dr Rodney Ford is a children’s doctor (a paediatrician). He specialises in: bowel troubles, eczema management, feeding problems, investigating food allergy, respiratory allergy, gluten problems, food reactions, growth problems, gastric reflux, constipation, behaviour problems and general paediatric consultations.
The fee to see Dr Ford covers a full paediatric consultation, growth measurements, assessment, skin prick tests (if required), milk subsidy applications (if required) or other subsidies, blood tests (if required) and a management plan. Blood test results are emailed to you (often other consultants will ask you to come back to discuss results). A letter outlining the visit and discussions is sent to you and your health professional.
Dr Ford is recognised by all health insurance companies in New Zealand, so you can claim back part or all of your consultation fee (based on your insurance plan).
If you wish to be followed up, you are sent an email reminder with plenty of time to decide if you want to make an appointment. You are not required to make a follow up visit. Your problems can be managed through your health professional. However, you are welcome to make further appointments with Dr Ford at any time.
As a child’s doctor, he sees a helps with a wide range of child health problems and illness. He investigates and helps children who have chronic health problems. Sometimes their symptoms turn out to be food intolerance, food allergies and nutritional related conditions. He fully investigates and diagnoses these sorts of problem.
Dr Rodney Ford is a paediatric expert on the problems on child health, food allergy, respiratory allergy, gluten-sensitivity (the gluten syndrome), coeliac disease, and gastroenterology problems.
He is also a professional speaker, and provides nutritional consulting services to organisations. He gives seminars and workshops (the Energy Effect) on the value of excellent nutritional health, on food allergy, eczema and “the gluten syndrome”.
- Associate Professor (University of Otago, Christchurch School of Medicine).
- MB BS (Honours, NSWU).
- MD (Doctorate in Medicine).
- FRACP (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians – in Paediatrics).
- ASM (Accredited Speaker Member of the National Speakers Association, NZ).
MD THESIS: Ford RPK. “Food hypersensitivity in children: Diagnostic approaches to milk and egg hypersensitivity.” NSW (Australia) 1982.
Dr Rodney Ford has over 30 years clinical experience as a Paediatrician, Gastroenterologist, and Allergist.
Dr Ford’s vision
“Abundant Health through conscious eating”
Through my life of working with sick children and their caring families, I have discovered that eating right food matters. I believe that “abundant health” can be achieved by anyone who eats the appropriate foods.
What I mean by “conscious eating” is a person who understands what they are eating, and why they are making specific food choices. Under these conditions they will make a conscious effort to buy the appropriate foods for themselves and their family.
Appropriate foods are a combination of “healthy choices” and also having the knowledge to avoid the foods (and additives!) that are making you unwell.
In my vision I see
- An increasing knowledge of food problems.
- A broad recognition of food intolerance/allergy in the community.
- Happy healthy vibrant children.
- Children who had sore tummies and headaches, feeling better again.
- Children who had learning and behaviour issues, getting back on track.
- Doctors understanding that children do not need to suffer from most chronic symptoms.
- Parents understanding that “naughty” can be a way of children expressing a problem that needs to be solved.
- The eClinic helping millions of people back to full health.
I ask you to join me so that we can make this vision become a reality.
Cheers, Dr Rodney Ford
- Specialist Paediatrician, Gastroenterologist, and Allergy consultant.
- Director of The Children’s Clinic (General paediatrics, gastroenterology and allergy).
- Director of the Gluten-Free Planet Project.
- Professional Speaker.
- Author on food and nutrition issues.